My friend from Bruges came to visit this weekend! I took both Friday and today off and it was such a nice break from real life. We did lots of bits and bobs while she was here as it was her first time up North, but I’m only going to talk about Manchester today. There are so many things going on in the city, so many places to see and things to do, you guys should def consider visiting if you have time this summer!
Here’s a short list of my favourite things we did this weekend!
1. I know I have blogged about this before; I can’t help but always talk about Castlefield Market. It was pretty obvious that I would take my friend here as she came to Mcr first Saturday of the month! All the stalls were as beautiful as ever and everyone was super nice and friendly. We got ourselves 2 lucky bracelets from the lovely Rachel – the magpie’s daughter, for when we’re not together and unfortunately we don’t see each other nearly enough. She offered to post them so we can get a nice little pressie in a couple of days time! Isn’t she just the nicest?! I know I said it before, but this places is just amazing! Def worth it! You can find everything here, from antique pieces to truffles cheese and believe me when I say that you’ll end up buying a little bit of everything.
2. We continued our Manchester adventure with a visit to John Rylands library on Deansgate. I love this place as it is the perfect example of harmonious continuity in architecture and it blends the old with the new beautifully. Not to mention it totally looks like Hogwarts and it has a great gift shop! If you haven’t already been inside, I suggest you give it a go!
3. I love summer in Manchester, there are just so many things going on! We discovered MIF and pringles summer festival while we were walking around town! Such great places to spend your saturday afternoon, especially with the weather that’s been on.
4. While at MIF we couldn’t help but have some pimm’s and a couple of pizzas from the Honest Crust guys. This is by far the best pizza I have ever tried and I never miss the chance to have some. These guys have been in my life a lot lately, from Altrincham Market to Manchester and even a wedding! You really need to check them out! I know I say this about pretty much everything but I can’t help it if there are so many fantastic places around!
5. My last but not least thing on the list has to be the Northern Quarter. Not because it is the home of Almost Famous burgers but because there are so many antiques shops that you can discover only by taking a stroll around its quirky streets. And if you haven’t already had the almost famous burgers, I seriously don’t know what you’re waiting for. They are life changing, I’m telling ya!
Hope you guys find my list useful and you get inspired to go out there and make it your own! And please do let me know if you have any other places worth checking out!
Have a super nice week!
Love, Sim x